AiM Sports MXL Pista
|Part Number: AIMMXLPISTA|
|Your Price: $1,999.99|
Product 1 of 3 Next >> |
AiM Sports MXL Pista Description
The AiM Sports MXL Pista is a digital dash, gauge, and race data acquisition system featuring a tachometer, RPM input, 8 analog inputs, 1 speed input, CAN/serial ECU connector, gear position indicator (sampled or calculated), internal lateral G sensor, and lap timer.
With standard features including a wide, fully configurable display, six configurable alarm LED’s, backlight, and USB connector, the MXL is a stylish, powerful unit that re-defines the state of the art in data acquisition for performance vehicles.
The MXL Pista and Pro models are powerful race data acquisition systems, used by automotive racers around the world. Powerful enough for world class GT cup cars and LeMans racers, yet easy to own and install. The MXL is the racing data aquisition system of choice for amateur and semi-pro SCCA and NASA club racers.
The MXL Pista can be interfaced (via CAN or RS-232 serial) with a variety of vehicle ECU's (engine control units) including MoTec, Pectel, DTA, MBE, EFI, Seat, Autronic, Bosch, Racetech and Carmo. Or use the AMP connector and deploy a powerful array of sensors on your vehicle, including pressure, temperature, throttle, steering, suspension, speed, Lambda sond, and more.
The lateral G sensor lets you create a map of the track when you download the data to your PC. This allows you to match up RPMs, gear positions and more to exact track positions to fine tune your driving. By adding brake position sensors, for example, you can monitor driving behavior and actually see where on the track the driver is braking, and much braking is applied. This is invaluable for driver training.
Science over Superstition
The MXL Pista is a self-contained, true data logger that acquires data from all connected sources 1 - 500 times per second (depending on sensor and input type). Using our powerful Race Studio 2 software you can download your data to your PC via USB and get a professional analysis of your performance data. You can also replay the data on the MXL without a PC or software. The MXL Pista features 8 MB of non-volatile memory, retaining data even when the power is off, and has an Auto-Power off feature to preserve the battery life.
Connect sensors to the MXL and it displays, samples, and stores the data from those sensors. For example, you can connect a temperature sensor to the cylinder head of your engine and get continuous reads on your engine temperature. See the temperature values on the display as you drive, and download the recorded data to your PC and review the numbers on a graph later on. AiM Sports uses sophisticated data acquisition technologies in the MXL to make this process fast, accurate, reliable and cost-effective.
Unlock the Power
Connect the MXL to your vehicle’s ECU and unleash the MXL’s true power: logging and displaying dozens of channels straight from the vehicle’s nerve center, including specialized sensors built into the vehicle. This is often the quickest and easiest setup, needing only 1 cable connection to the ECU instead of multiple connections to analog sensors, yet it yields the most dramatic results. In addition - you can leverage your aftermarket ECU investment.
Get the most from practice and training sessions by objectively comparing data from runs using different vehicle setups, drivers, and driving strategies to find the winning combinations.
The MXL Pista uses state of the art algorithms to sample, calculate and display RPM, lap time, gear position, speed, temperatures and more. A GPS module will create detailed 3D track maps.
- Wide, brilliant display (5.5") with backlight standard
- RPM displayed by number and graphic curve
- Configurable RPM scaling
- 1 RPM input
- Internal G sensor / accelerometer
- 1 Speed input
- 8 analog input channels: temperatures, pressures, potentiometers, Lambda sond, onboard and custom sensors
- Samplng rates: digital inputs up to 50 Hz, analog thermocouple up to 100 hz, analog potentiometer up to 500 Hz
- Gear number calculated or sampled from on-board sensor
- 10 shift light LED's - green - yellow - red
- 6 freely configurable alarm LED's for min/max alarm
- Fast USB data download to your PC for analysis with Race Studio software
- Infrared lap receiver and infra red lap transmitter
- Lap times - split times
- Configurable number of split times
- 8 MB of non-volatile memory
- Built in clock and calendar for test management
- Internal data acquisition system
- Total and partial odometer (with reset)
- Rugged, water resistant, lightweight aluminum chassis
- Optional built-in GPS system
- CAN/Serial (RS-232) interface connects to many ECU's (see list at right)
- Dimensions: 6.85" wide x 4.33" (174 x 110 mm)
- Display dimensions: 5.5" x 2.6" (140 x 67 mm)
- External 9-15 V power supply
- 8 MB non-volatile internal memory
This item usually ships out in 1-2 business days from the original purchase date.